October 10, 2008

Chipotle Tuna Salad

You are in for a treat!

Who doesn't like a good tuna salad - either to pile onto a couple pieces of bread with a pickle on the side, or piled up on some crispy lettuce leaves with a couple slices of tomato!

Ta-da! Here's my recipe for Chipotle Tuna Salad... and you can get it by clicking right here.Start with one 12 ounce can of solid white albacore tuna.
Slice four or five green onions. Use the white and the green parts! .

Open a can of chipotle peppers. You'll only need a few for this recipe, but the good news is that if you put the rest in a little plastic container, they'll keep forever in the fridge!
Drain the tuna and add it to a bowl along with the chopped onions.
Put 3/4 cups of mayonnaise into a food processor. My 3-cup Cuisinart mini-processor is perfect for this! Add the chilis - as many as you want depending on how spicy you're feeling. I use two (along with a little sauce) and I like things spicy!
Give the mayo and chipotles a spin until it looks like this!
Add the mayo mixture to the tuna and onions.
This stuff makes the best tuna melts ever!

6 comments:

  1. This looks really good! My husband is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry, pushed the "done" button a little too quickly. I also wanted to say thanks for coming by Brownie Week on my blog! Come back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummmmm i think my guys would LOVE this!!! will have to print this out and give it a whirl!!
    :)
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so good! Creamy, with a bit of heat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this idea! I have been making the same old tuna salad forever. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting... I love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...