October 30, 2008

Fried Pork Chops and Brussels Sprouts


Oh, I know. Half of you (maybe more) are scrunching up your nose, saying "Brussels Sprouts...ewww!"

That's okay. I remember a time when I didn't like them either. The important thing is to try, try again.

I found some really, really thin pork chops today and thought that sounded good for dinner!

Here's my favorite way to cook the sprouts. I think you'll like them!
Trim the stem end of the sprouts and pull of a few of the little leaves from the bottom. Put them in a colander and give them a bath.
Cut them in half.
Now, boil them gently in water until they're tender.
In the meantime, season some flour for the pork chops. Use whatever you like... I used parsley, black pepper, Tony Chachere's Seasoning, and some granulated garlic.

Dredge the chops in the flour and shake off the excess. You just want a tiny bit of flour sticking to those bad boys. Put them on a rather hot griddle and fry until they're golden brown.
Back to the sprouts... when they're tender, drain them. Put a little olive oil in the same pan and put the sprouts back in. Add some seasoning. I added red pepper flakes and granulated garlic. Now toss those around until they are browned.
Couldn't be easier! My gardener gave this dinner rave reviews!

2 comments:

  1. I'll tell you, they look delicious here but for me taste is heavily related to smell and smelling these little suckers cooking is not wonderful for me. lol

    Happy Halloween!!! Enjoy your bubbling cauldron :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a great fan, I like the bright green outer leaves and leave the rest. I'd eat the chops though!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting... I love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...