November 20, 2008

Cranberry Sauce

I intended to make Julie's Sweet and Spicy Roasted Cranberry Port Sauce for my Thanksgiving Dinner. I love Port and it just sounded so good! I picked up the jalapenos but on the way home I forgot to stop at the liquor store. So, I came up with my own similar recipe using what I had in the cupboard and here it is!
Aren't these the prettiest colors? You'll need a pound of fresh cranberries. Peel the zest from one orange. Slice one seeded jalapeno into thin strips.
Orange and green... great colors together!
Put the cranberries, orange strips, jalapeno strips, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, orange juice, Triple Sec, salt and vegetable oil in a pan.
Give it a whirl so it gets all mixed up.
Let it cook until the cranberries pop and are soft. It will look like there's too much liquid, but after it cools it will be the right consistency. After cooking, I removed the orange peel, but left the jalapeno.
I was happy with the way this turned out. I might use a bit less sugar next time, but it was very good. The jalapeno added a spice to the sauce that made it noticeable but not hot. I served some tonite with grilled venison chops, sliced sauteed potatoes and green beans.

4 comments:

  1. I really like the sound of this citrus and jalapeno cranberry sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is just gorgeous! It would look so festive on a holiday dinner table, and I LOVE the unexpected kick that the jalapeno must give it! Thanks so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet and spicy - this sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a fall full of cranberries around the blogosphere huh? I just posted a cranberry related recipe too. :) This looks & sounds incredibly yummy, will give it a go & probably serve with chicken and mashed potatoes mmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting... I love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...