February 3 is National Carrot Day!
Debbie from The Friday Friends lives just down the road from me. I guess you could call her my neighbor. Actually, she lives in Winnemucca, Nevada and I live in Havre, Montana, which is 900 miles away, but in these parts that’s close enough to call ourselves neighbors!
So, over virtual coffee the other day, my neighbor Debbie talked about hosting a Carrot Cake Showdown on her blog. I told her I’d join her in hosting it because I’d like to giveaway a copy of my favorite cookbook of all time, Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day.
You’ve seen this beautiful bread all over blogdom, haven’t you? It’s made using a unique master recipe created by co-authors Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois. You can bake bread that looks like this easily and quickly *and* you now you can win a copy of Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day!
Do you have a favorite carrot cake recipe? Do you want to win this book? Here’s how!
1. Make your favorite recipe for Carrot Cake and post it on your blog along with a picture.
2. Link this page in your post
3. Grab the bright orange “Carrot Cake Showdown” button you see here and put it on your blog
4. Email the recipe along with a picture (200x200) of your cake, your name, the name of your blog and the link to your post to dlstone AT winnemucca DOT net
5. On your email, please put CARROT CAKE SHOWDOWN in the subject line
6. Deadline is February 13, 2009 at 4:00 PM ET
7. Winner will be selected randomly and notified on Feb 14.
8. Winner will receive a copy of Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day
9. Sorry, but the contest is open only to U.S. residents
10. Have fun and happy baking! Be sure to check out the Carrot Cake Roundup here!