February 5, 2009

Carrot Cake

All of the recipes for carrot cake that I've seen call for grated carrots. This recipe is a little different in that it calls for cooked and mashed carrots. Let's make it!
Sift the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, powder, salt, soda, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
Eggs, mashed carrots, oil and crushed pineapple go into another bowl. No need for the Kitchen Aid for this recipe... everything mixes up easily by hand!
Add raisins and chopped walnuts. Pour into a 9-inch cake pan and bake for 45 minutes at 350F.
This made a very moist and delicious cake. Now I know that to some people carrot cake just isn't complete until you add cream cheese frosting, so I've included that in the recipe which you can find by clicking right here.

If you're up for making your favorite carrot cake, you might win this fabulous cookbook! Check out the details by clicking on the carrot cake button on my left sidebar!


8 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, carrot cake. I've never had one that used cooked carrots before. I'm intrigued. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued too.
    It looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks really delicious!! I bet the mashed carrots give it a lot of flavor and moistness. Sweet yumminess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This DOES look moist! Delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh this looks great! I love any baking that does not involve my kitchen-aid! I will definitley try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely cake! I make a healthy one that's a bundt cake and just put a cream cheese glaze on it. Yum, love all that goodness in one recipe.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I'm even more hungry. Specifically for cream cheese frosting mmmmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. INTERESTING, cooked carrots in the cake. LOVE the idea. It looks so moist. Thanks for holding this contest. Happy to find your blog this way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting... I love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...