July 18, 2010

Honey Mustard Salad Dressing


Just before dinner, it's so much fun to grab a knife and head to the garden for lettuce! I found a packet of seeds that had 5 different varieties of leaf lettuce, so it looks as pretty on a plate as it does in the garden! I bought a salad spinner, which does a great job of getting spinach and lettuce leaves dry after they've been washed.
My gardener's been doing a good job this year... just look at this! We have tomatoes (roma, cherry, yellow pear and big reds), zucchini, acorn squash, garlic, spinach, bell peppers, jalapenos, radishes, and sweet onions. Sometimes I sit out there and watch the zucchini grow-- I swear, it grows that fast!
My gardener (who doubles as my grill-master) cooked up some salmon on a cedar plank the other night. The salmon was cooked to perfection and the honey mustard dressing I made was just the thing to go with this salad.

Honey-Mustard Salad Dressing
3/4 cups mayonnaise
2 T Dijon mustard
1/4 cup honey

Mix all ingredients well and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. Makes 1 cup.

1 comment:

  1. That salad looks amazing - and your garden is beautiful. We've had so much rain the western part of the state that my lettuce is still going strong (though I put a shade cloth over it to keep the hot rays off.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting... I love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...