September 29, 2010

Stuffed Tomatoes with Bleu Cheese

I've been up to my kneecaps in green tomatoes. Recipes to follow... after I've recovered. Don't get me wrong - we still have plenty of ripe tomatoes, but those are easily taken care of by making sauce.

So, yes, we have enough sauce in the freezer to take care of all the pasta I'll cook until next summer. But, today, I saw a recipe for Bleu Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes at The Village Cook. Why hadn't I thought of this before??
My gardener has been away for a couple of weeks. For his homecoming dinner, I served venison tenderloin, sauteed zucchini and these bleu cheese stuffed tomatoes.

Ooops. I forgot - he doesn't like bleu cheese. No problem - he ate the tomato and I scooped up the leftover bleu cheese right off of his plate. I think this is the perfect accompaniment to a perfectly done (medium-rare) piece of venison - or beef! I hope you'll give it a try!

Stuffed Tomatoes with Bleu Cheese
4 oz. cream cheese
2 T bleu cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
Small amount of grated Parmesan
Small amount of bread crumbs

Cut cores from tomatoes and remove seeds with spoon. Turn upside down on paper towels to drain for 15 minutes. Mix cream cheese, bleu cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic. Stuff tomatoes. Top with grated Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.

11 comments:

  1. Now, that's a perfect way to enjoy those fabulous tomatoes! I'd take the bleu cheese any day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks quite decadent! My grandmother used to make stuffed tomatoes with ground beef and pork with bread crumbs, but this could be better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my - you have made a mighty impressive recipe here lady! This just makes me happy to look at. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well now, don't those look wonderful! Great idea and combo of flavors. Thanks for sending along this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yuuuummm, i never hag stuffed tomatoes before but I'm sure they're amazing!

    Have a great day!
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't like blue cheese! Oh well, more for you. These sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My gosh Karen, those look so good! I would love this combination of flavors ~ and you captured them so well.

    What a top notch welcome-home dinner for your gardener. (And you got to enjoy double bleu cheese, that's smart thinking on your part if you ask me!) :D

    Love the lighting in these images, nice job. xo ~m

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUMMY!! And yeah, who doesn't like blue cheese? Again, great pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful dish - and it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow those look really lovely! May just be the recipe that finally gets me eating tomatoes that haven't been turned into some kind of sauce.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting... I love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...