April 26, 2012

Cilantro-Lime Dressing



I saw a recipe for this at Debbie's The Friday Friends. She made it for the I Heart Cooking Clubs Rick Bayless recipe of the week. She put her dressing over some sliced cucumbers and her beautiful picture looked so refreshing. 

It's been a little warm in Montana the last few days. Yesterday we had a record high of 88°. Compare that to last year's high temperature on April 23... it was 57°! Another warm day today calls for a cool and refreshing salad, so I made the dressing and picked up some cucumbers. I made several changes to the original recipe, adding and tasting until I got what I wanted.

The color of this dressing is a beautiful green. It's tangy and spicy and very good! My cilantro hating gardener wouldn't touch this stuff with a ten-foot fork. That's okay. I'll manage.

Cilantro-Lime Dressing - PRINT RECIPE
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup + 1 T lime juice
3 T rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup packed cilantro leaves
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
3 cloves garlic, peeled
2 tsp dehydrated onion
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper

Put all ingredients into a blender container and mix until well combined. Chill and shake before using. Makes 1 cup.

9 comments:

  1. I love simple ingredients that come together and pack a lot of flavor. This would be a great summer dressing.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good to go with your warm weather. Bill loves cucs so I know he'd like this. Send some of your warmness this way, it's a chilly 50 degrees now with lots of rain on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, this sounds so good.... I'm already thinking of other things to try this on.
    Love that picture Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cilantro and lemony food, therefore this dressing is perfect for me.
    Thanks for sharing such a tasty dressing recipe and hope you are having a great week Karen :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, something citrusy and limey, just up my palate alley! I can imagine all the great things I could use this with..thinking mangoes and pineapple...

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the flavors in this dressing! definitely saving this for the next time we make salads!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Karen! I don't think I ever realized that you live in Montana! I have only tracked down one other food blogger in Montana, and she happens to live in Missoula! Anyway, very cool and the warm weather has been such a treat, hasn't it? :-)
    This dressing look fabulous and the photo is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well you know this got my attention. What great flavors and beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a fantastic dressing, Karen. If its a Rick Bayless recipe I know I will like it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting... I love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...