May 18, 2012

Lemon-Zuccchini Bread

My gardener's been gardening and of course we put in some zucchini. I knew I still had some left from last summer, so thought I better use it up. I grated the zucchini last summer and froze it in 4 cup portions to use in breads.
I've made Zucchini-Nutella Bread and my standby regular Zucchini Bread, so when I found this lovely lemon loaf at Lea Ann's blog, Cooking on the Ranch, and after he great review of the recipe, decided to make it, too.
This recipe uses oil, so it produces a very moist cake. The lemon flavor is perfect and I got to use up some zucchini!
I love the glaze on this bread. It gives a little sweetness to each slice and is just the right consistency to set up nicely. Very nice recipe for zucchini bread!


Lemon-Zucchini Bread - adapted from here

c flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/2 c vegetable oil
2/3 c sugar
1/2 c milk
2 T lemon juice
3 c grated zucchini

In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.

In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat 2 eggs well. Add oil and sugar and blend well. Add milk, lemon juice and blend. Fold in zucchini and stir until evenly distributed in mixture. Add the flour mixture and mix just until it comes together. Pour batter into a 9x5 loaf pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely. When loaf is cool, top with glaze.

Lemon Glaze
1 c powdered sugar
2 T lemon juice
In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar with lemon juice until smooth. Spoon glaze over bread and let set.


8 comments:

  1. One of the best ways to use up zucchini- in breads or cakes. Love the pool of icing on top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen! What a great idea about freezing the zucchini to have all year! My husband is a zucchini bread fanatic and this would give us local Montana zucchini bread year round. This looks fab, and so moist and delicious! I'll have to pull this one out soon and test it on my hubs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Karen, you lemon zucchini bread looks great, like the light texture of the bread covered with the lemon glaze...I so wish I could have a slice of this bread :)
    Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. o my the glaze has stole the show...I love it and am going to bake one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just realized I never commented on this post. Isn't this a wonderful recipe?! I think the glaze is a must on this bread. Good stuff. Love your photos. Thanks for the shout-out Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, have zucchini in the freezer I need to use, and with the Grands coming this week, this will be perfect! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen is always come with a new idea and now this time I like your idea about making Lemon-Zuccchini Bread. Thanks for sharing, Keep it up!

    charity helping

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am definitely baking this bread, it look so gorgeous. Love the presentation, if only I could handle the sugar. :(

    I hope you are enjoying your summer, Karen!

    Mely

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting... I love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...