August 31, 2008

Goin' Bananas

I'm not a big fan of Banana Bread, but as do most people, B likes it. So, I found one that not only is easy and delicious - but also one that I like!

I got this recipe from The Food Network and it's Emeril's recipe, so how could it not be good! It makes a huge loaf of bread - enough to share with a friend... of course unless you really, really, really like Banana Bread!!

I like a slice of this bread slathered with a generous amount of softened cream cheese! Mmmm!

10 T Butter
1 C Mashed Ripe Bananas (2-3 large bananas)
1/2 c Sour Cream
2 large Eggs
1-1/2 tsp Vanilla
2 c Flour
3/4 c plus 2 T Sugar
1 tsp Baking Soda
3/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 c toasted, chopped Walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray.

Puree the bananas, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla in a food processor.

Sift flour, sugar, soda, powder and salt into the bowl of an electric mixer fixed with a whisk attachment. Add the reamining 10 T butter and mix on medium-low speed until blended. Add the banana mixture in three batches, scraping the sides of the bowl and mixing on medium speed between each addition. Fold in the walnuts.

Pour into loaf Pan. Bake until lightly browned and bread bounces back to the touch, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes before turning out onto wire rack to cool completely.

Oh boy, I wish you could smell this!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sooo impressed with your site! And the pictures make it really interesting! Maybe I'll try that banana bread.... I love it!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had seen this about a week ago before the bananas I through out were beyond saving. My problem has been finding a recipe where you can really taste the banana when it's done. I'll have to try this one, even if it's not very "diet friendly". LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting... I love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...