September 10, 2008

Toasted Squash Seeds

Remember when you were a kid and Mom or Dad helped you carve a jack-o-lantern? Did you toast the pumpkin seeds afterwards? We did! It's a fun thing to do - and yummy, too!

After I cut up the buttercup squash for dinner, I took the seeds and rinsed them with water to get most of the squash off of them. I tossed them with a little olive oil and spread them out on a cookie sheet. Then I salted them real good with regular table salt. You could also sprinkle them with garlic salt, or even chili powder, you devil, you! I put them in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes, and stirred them every 10 minutes. Toasty!
We'll be snacking on these for the next few days! Try some next time you cut up a squash or pumpkin-- which, afterall, is squash :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this brough back so many memories of pumpkin seeds we did! Thanks for the memory lane :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that sounds so yummy. I always wondered how that was done. Now, thanks to your blog, I know.

    I'm adding you to my blog links so I can come back and check out more great stuff about cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these...can't wait till we make our Jack-o-lanterns!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting... I love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...