October 21, 2008

Chicken Marsala

We've eaten so much chicken over the last several days, I thought we'd have it again. :P

Marsala is an inexpensive fortified sweet wine that just makes this dish one of my favorites!

I was going to use The Frugal Gourmet's recipe but it calls for onions, which I didn't want to use, and it doesn't call for mushrooms, which I did want to use!

So, I kind of combined The Frugal Gourmet's recipe, and Emeril's Chicken Marsala recipe and came up with this:
Slice as many button mushrooms as you want. I had about 3 cups, because my gardener and I love mushrooms! Put a couple tablespoons of butter in a frying pan, add a little olive oil and cook the mushrooms until they are a little brown and give up their juices. I don't know... maybe 10-15 minutes.
You wondered when I was going to get to the good stuff, didn't you? You'll need about 3/4 c Marsala and 1 cup white wine.
Add the Marsala and white wine to the mushrooms and let them simmer until the liquid has reduced. (This is what's going to make the yummy sauce!)
Now you need some flour to dredge the chicken in. I used about a cup of flour, some dried parsley, red pepper flakes, freshly ground pepper, Old Bay Seasoning, and paprika. Mix this all together because we're going to use it in a minute.
Put the chicken breasts in a Ziplock bag and pound them fairly thin with one of these meat pounders. Just whack, whack, whack until somebody tells you to quit making so much noise.
Dredge the chicken breasts in the flour mixture...
...and fry over rather high heat. They're so thin, they won't take long, and you'll be surprised at how tender they are. You won't need a knife for this chicken, no siree bob! (My Dad used to say that a lot.)
Here are the mushrooms after the liquid has reduced some. Mmm!
Wow, this was delicious! I steamed some zuchinni and we had a really tasty meal!
Don't forget to light the candles!

You are eating by candlelight, aren't you?

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting... I love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...