April 29, 2009

How Does Your Garden Grow? Week 2

My friend and neighbor, Debbie at The Friday Friends likes looking out of windows so she started a "What's Outside Your Kitchen Window Wednesday". There isn't much interesting outside my kitchen window, but I'm participating by showing you my garden and how it progresses during the summer.
Here's the garden last week. We'd pulled up most of the weeds and was ready to till it then sit back and wait for a sign that it won't freeze again so we can plant. Most of our seeds have been started indoors.
And here's my garden today. Hello... Mr. Weatherman... this is April 29 and it's been snowing all day! Enough, already!

The good thing is that the snow is melting pretty much as it hits the ground so I don't think there will be a big buildup and we're looking at temps in the 50's through the weekend.

Maybe we'll have made some progress by next Wednesday. Stay tuned and drop on over to Debbie's place to see what other people see outside their windows!
Happy 86th birthday to my wonderful Dad today! I love you!

13 comments:

  1. Oh, my. I couldn't believe the snow. At least the weeds won't have a chance to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen: 86!! Dude looks great for 65!! BTW, soooo sorry about the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It snowed here yesterday. I can't complain though, last year were were covered until June.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe it's snowing!!!
    Happy Birthday to your Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your pop! This weather is crazy, yes! Cant wait till gardening season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow snow in late April. We get very little snow anytime - so when it happens we all get a bit over excited (like in January this year). Hope the risk of frost passes soon so you get to start planting out :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 86th to your dad (belatedly)! I've been whining over our rainy days but I must admit I'd rather have that than snow. Glad it's all melting and I look forward to seeing your garden progress. We're going out this weekend to pick out our veggies and herbs. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to your Dad! Wow 86! I can't believe you are still having snow so late in the year. So much for global warming:-) I have just now started my flower beds until the rain has taken over and put me back inside again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, Karen's Dad! You sure as hell don't look 86. Did you raise a liar? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday to your dad!

    I can't wait to see the garden later in the season. I have a hard time believing it snowed for you yesterday! I'm in Atlanta and it was hot enough I went for a dip in my friend's backyard pool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm only laughing "with you" and not "at you" because one never knows...it could snow today here in Winnemucca.
    But really, enough is ENOUGH!!
    Happy Birthday to your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Snow? On April 29th? Geez, you poor thing.

    You have an awesome Dad! Love the photo & tribute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting... I love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...