September 24, 2009

Zucchini and Tomato Saute

Want a vegetable dish that's quick and easy? This is it... brought to you by some of our garden bounty!
Slice zucchini - on the thick side. Put in water, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until very soft. Drain and set aside.

Chop small tomatoes into quarters and season with basil, fresh parsley, oregano, salt and pepper.

Put some olive oil in a frying pan and add the zucchini, stirring gently until the slices are hot. Add the tomatoes and continue cooking until they just start to break down. The goal is to get them very soft but you don't want mush either, so watch them carefully.

These two vegetables just seem to go together and is a great side dish to your favorite meal of chicken, beef, or fish. I served this with salmon patties and stir-fried rice.

9 comments:

  1. Zucchini and tomatoes really are the perfect combination. I always start eating them and go "this is so sweet!" Every time it surprises me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic, I need to get some zucchini!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this dish too....
    Now you've made me hungry. Can I have it for breakfast? Because I have all the ingrediants on my kitchen counter. (Trying to get everything in before we have a frost)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tomatoes and zucchini are so good together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my favorite vegetable combos. I have the ingredients in the fridge so think I'll get a pot going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this vegetable combination. Your recipe sounds delicious. I hope you are having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not usually one for zucchini but with the salted/peppered/herbed tomatos something about it sounds like something yummy! might give this a try over the weekend, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple and delicious!My vegetarian husband would love that:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tomatoes and zucchini set each other off perfectly. This looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting... I love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...