February 8, 2010

Chicken Wings


My gardener doesn't watch much football, but he does enjoy watching the Super Bowl.  I came in at halftime on Sunday and we had two-person Super Bowl party!

I had some chicken wings in the freezer, so I knew I wanted to make those, but in the few weeks leading up to Super Bowl Sunday there were so many different recipes for wings, I couldn't decide which to use.  They all looked and sounded so good!

I ended up going with Peter's recipe from his blog Kalofagas (Kalofagas means "gourmet", in Greek).  He has a beautiful blog with all things Greek.  You'll find scrumptious looking food, gorgeous pictures, background stories on food and festivals, and much information about Greece.  He takes us with him on his vacations to Greece and tell us about the country, the food, the people.  I suspect that many of you have already discovered Peter's blog, but if you haven't, you're in for a treat!

The marinade for these wings include garlic, onion, lemon juice, cinnamon, smoked paprika, allspice, black pepper and thyme.  It was a perfect combination of flavors and we enjoyed these very much.  I would have preferred to grill these outside, but the cold Montana weather kept me from doing that.  They turned out just fine in the oven, although I think they'd have better color and crispness done on the grill.  Oh, I can't wait for summer!  

10 comments:

  1. Karen, aren't these delicious and easy to make too!

    Glad you enjoyed them, make them on the grill as soon as the weather allows for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound awesome. My girlfriend has been after me to make wings, I bet she'd love those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too. I can't wait for spring to come so that we can bbq outside. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, you have been having a rough, cold winter, havne't you?

    We actually do go out and grill in the snow sometimes... but it's not quite the same.
    Chicken wings sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The marinade sounds great, very flavorful! I also am looking forward to summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that marinade sounds delicious! Way better than the gloopy stuff they put on storebought wings. I would have loved some of these to celebrate the superbowl with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most chicken wing recipes don't do much for me, but this one sounds super-tasty... Great for accompanying Superbowl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look the skin on those wings!!!!! Delicious and full of flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We can always count on Peter's recipes! Great combo of spices in this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chicken wings, cheese, and wine... the only three things I'd need if stranded on a deserted island.

    Well, maybe crackers and dental floss too.

    Great looking wings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting... I love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...