December 30, 2011

Cranberry Sweet Rolls


Q: What do you get when you mix milk, honey, vanilla bean, yeast, flour, salt, a stick-and-a-half of butter, 10 egg yolks and takes three days to make?

A: Milk and Honey Brioche


Q: What do you get when you mix sugar, water, and fresh cranberries, boil them for 12 minutes, then separate the solids from the liquid?

A: Cranberry Jam (and a sweet container of cranberry juice – think Cran-Martini!)


Q: What do you get when you roll out the Milk and Honey Brioche dough and spread it with the Cranberry Jam?


A: Cranberry Sweet Rolls.

This was the yellowest (10 egg yolks!), silkiest (albeit stickiest) dough I’ve ever handled. It is the softest, most tender bread I have ever eaten. And 3 days to make? From someone who wants everything right now? I can just tell you that it was well worth the wait.

These lovelies come from Stella. Besides graduating from the Culinary Institute of America and currently working as a Pastry Girl (don’t call her a Pastry Chef) at Table 310 in Lexington, Kentucky, Stella has a beautiful blog, Brave Tart, where she shares her creations with us.

Here are the links to Stella’s recipes:


Happy New Year!


10 comments:

  1. wow! Those rolls look so rich and delicious! happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love the looks of this recipe! My goal this coming year is to make more bread so I feel more comfortable with yeast. Your description has made me hungry, Karen. Best wishes to you and your family for a healthy and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow aren't these breads beautiful. I don't know if I would have the patience to tackle this or not. But I sure want them.
    Happy New Year to you and your family Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I wish I had some with my morning coffee right now! They look delicious. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They sound delicious and look beautiful. In fact, I'd like one right now with my midday coffee.

    Happy New Year!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've gone cranberry crazy! Happy New Year. GREG

    ReplyDelete
  7. The way my brain works these days I'd forget by day 2 what I was supposed to be doing LOL!! Well, they sure do look awesome. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What do you get when you take a reader who's not had breakfast and sees these beautiful rolls?

    Happy New Year Karen.
    ::::: clink

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting... I love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...