October 3, 2008

It Started out to be Shrimp Cocktail

B loves shrimp. I thought I'd surprise him with a shrimp cocktail last night. So, I thawed some shrimp...

... and gathered some spices: chopped garlic, parsley, garlic powder, Zatarain's powdered crab boil, red chili pepper flakes, rosemary, and a bay leaf. You can't see the bay leaf, because somebody forgot to put it on the counter when I took the picture. Okay, it was me.
I added the seasonings to a small pot of water (there's the bay leaf!). When the water boils, the shrimp go in for about 3 minutes. Then I drain them, put them in a Ziploc bag and put them in the refrigerator to get ice cold.
Except, B came home and I asked a simple question. "Would you rather have shrimp cocktail or shrimp and pasta?" He wanted the pasta. Okay, no problemo, but what am I going to do with all these yummy spices boiling away on the stove?
Onions. We have plenty of them.
Can't think of anything better to add to a roast beef sandwich than some crunchy, seasoned onions. So, an onion got sliced and put into the pot of seasonings. I let the simmer for a while, but not long enough to take the crunch out of them.
I drained them and put them in a container and into the fridge they went. They'll be a great addition to this weekend's lunch!

0 left comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting... I love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...