November 25, 2008

Corn Pudding

Remember when we picked corn a few months ago? You missed it? Well take a look here!

Corn pudding may be one of my favorite things to eat.Slice the corn from the cob and saute with a little onion in butter...
... whisk together eggs, milk, half-and-half, parsley, salt and pepper. Add the cooled corn mixture and pour into a baking dish. The baking dish then goes into a bain marie, or water bath. Put the baking dish in a larger pan and add hot water to the pan until it's about half-way up the side of the baking dish. This will keep the edges of the custard from cooking much faster than the middle of the casserole.
Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes until the top begins to brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
The corn is so delicious surrounded by a soft, delicate custard that just melts in your mouth. If you like corn and custard, you're going to love this dish! You can find the recipe here!


5 comments:

  1. I just might have to try this! and love that plate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pics really inspire me to make this recipe !
    THanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love corn pudding, this looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That corn pudding looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love corn especially in the summer and I'm always looking for new recipes. I am definitely making this when corn is in season this year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting... I love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...