November 25, 2008

Green Beans in a Snap

I needed a green vegetable for dinner last night but didn't have any fresh vegetables that weren't planned for Thanksgiving. I didn't want to dip into that stash and have to go to the grocery store again before Thursday!

I don't buy many canned vegetables, but I had a can of green beans on hand. I chopped two strips of bacon and fried them up. This bacon was so meaty there wasn't much grease in the pan afterwards. After frying the bacon, I just wiped the pan out and put the bacon back in with some chopped onions.

In went one can of green beans (drained) and some freshly ground black pepper. A few minutes on the heat and they were ready to serve! Quick, easy and good!

2 comments:

  1. Green beans are one of my favorite foods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cans are OK! You totally spruced up a great staple with some fresh ingredients. Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting... I love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...